Friday, August 27, 2010

Monday

This past Monday, the 23rd of August, everything changed.

On Monday, the 23rd of August, our Bean went from being a Bean to being an Oh my gosh there's actually a BABY in there.

Not only did the Bean go from being a Bean to being an actual BABY, it became a BOY baby.

In that instant of the ultrasound, a moment that literally took five seconds, where the tech rolled over our baby's bum and legs and we saw his little boy parts, everything changed.

It then wasn't "it's legs" it was HIS legs. HIS foot, HIS hand, HIS head, HIS heartbeat.

We went to Babies R Us that night and looked at blue outfits and blue bedding and everything else that might have been blue or green or had cars or monsters or baseballs on it. And for the first time in 18 weeks I could picture an actual baby in that blue outfit because my baby is a boy. And I could see a baby laying in the that crib with the blue and green turtle bedding because my baby is a boy. My baby has an identity. My baby is a boy.

A baby boy.

And today as I sat in 7 consecutive hours of teacher workshop, our little baby boy kicked and punched me with all the might his 8 ounces could muster.

And with all the dread I have about going back to work on Monday, those little kicks from that little baby boy made me the happiest girl ever.

2 comments:

  1. :-D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dee says.
    I love your boy bean already. Keep kicking your mommy.

    ReplyDelete