Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Holy crap

I won't lie, I took this picture in the Starbucks bathroom.


Holy crap #1: The baby's room is finished! (I prefer not to call it a 'nursery'). All it needs is some furniture and decor and, of course, a baby.

Holy crap #2: We have signed up for a childbirth class, courtesy of Hartford Hospital. (Well, not "courtesy of" really. "Courtesy of" makes it sound like it is complementary, as in free. It is very much not free.) But it is a childbirth course. We also signed up for a tour of the maternity ward.

Holy crap #3: In a week and a half I will be in my third trimester.

Holy crap #4: Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself out of the corner of my eye, in the mirror, or sometimes my shadow. Still 25 and a half weeks into this I still sometimes do a double take need to remind myself that that pregnant person is actually me.

Holy crap #5: This past Saturday my Gordo ran his fifth half marathon in four years. He managed to run those 13.1 miles almost 20 minutes faster this time than his last one in January. I can't begin to tell you how proud I was, and still am.

Holy crap #6: When we got home, we were sitting on the bed watching tv and all of the sudden it happened. "Did you see that? My stomach just moved!" We both stared at my belly and then it happened again. "That was weird" Gordo said, half amazed, half really thinking it was weird. It was weird, no doubt about it, but so, so cool. Better yet, its happened everyday since then.



To which I say, holy crap, we are actually having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment