Friday, March 11, 2011

Updates

Good thing this laundry was clean when Rex rolled around in it...


The blog is back. Tell your friends.

Update~ Breastfeeding is still mad hard. However, pumping is a gift from above. I pump in the morning after I feed Michael and I get two good bottles that go into the freezer. We are building up a great supply. When I first started pumping and giving Michael the bottle I really loved it. I found it so much easier to bond with him in that moment, as crazy as that might sound to people who love the breastfeeding experience. I found it so much more enjoyable to sit with him and interact with him. No worries of latching on or pain or keeping him latched on or pain or pain. So I thought I would give him breast milk in a bottle exclusively and just pump, pump, pump. Turns out that's possible, but very unrealistic if you plan to do anything other than pump. So we have the milk in the freezer on reserve. I can rest assured that I can leave the house for more than two and a half hours at a time. L can feed him when he wants, and he's awesome about getting up with him during the night on the weekends. I can defrost some bottles if we are going out for the day and not have to worry about taking Michael into another room to nurse when we are in the middle of doing something social. I still nurse him ninety percent of the time but, I like knowing that I have it as an option.

Michael's got a bit of a cold. Two nights ago, L and I got absolutely no sleep. We laid in bed and listened to him fight with his nose to breathe. He's been congested pretty much since we brought him home from the hospital. I had called the doctor's office a few times, and the nurses assured me that it was normal fluid from when he was on the inside and from being born and it would work itself out. Now he's nearly seven weeks old and not only was it not getting better, but it seemed to be getting worse. And after that awful night of sleep and a little bit of a cough, I said enough is enough and I called the doctor for him to be seen. Basically he's got a cold. Unfortunately, there's little you can do about it because he's so young. We elevated his mattress and turned on the humidifier and try to suck out the snot. Last night's sleep was better than the night before and hopefully it was continue to get better. In the meantime, he's still happy and cute as a bean.

This tsunami stuff is terrible. The news footage of the water coming in is incredible. I can't imagine the fear and sadness those people are feeling. And here we are in Connecticut worried about some rain...

The blog is back. Tell your friends.

1 comment:

  1. It made me laugh that Rex rolled in your clean laundry

    ReplyDelete