Tuesday, October 18, 2011

School

Never before in the nine years I've been teaching, have I felt more like "just" the music teacher than I do this year. I could be invisible and no one would know the difference. So long, of course, as the classroom teachers get their prep. To the adults in this building I feel that is my sole purpose. To provide them with a break. To the students, I know that I do matter. I will never be as cool as the gym teacher, but I will always be cooler than math. And of course, that is why you become a teacher; for the students. But wouldn't it be nice to be recognized and appreciated by your peers?

I wish I loved my job more, I really do. But its never because of the students.




1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I'm so sorry Stacey! Has it always been like that? It truly seems like high school never ends sometimes, huh?

    ReplyDelete