Monday, October 19, 2009

How I know its Fall

**Going forward I am going to refer to my friends and family by using cute nicknames and not initials. Any concerns can be directed to managment**

How many times a year can you scrape ice of your windshield at 7am, and have it be 57 degrees at 4pm?? The leaves are so beautiful. The smells are so beautiful. The food is so tasty. Football is awesome and I love fall.


I love these F-ing things. The peanut butter to chocolate ratio on these is amazing. So creamy. So yummy. Luckily for my weight, you can only get these a few times a year, Halloween being one of those times. I heart them.


Newington does this thing where if you rake your leaves down to the curb and put them in a big pile, the will come around once or twice during the season to vacuum them up. An excellent idea, although I have no idea where the leaves end up going. I don't know what it is about those leaves, but something draws my Rex to them. Without fail, he pees on every pile of leaves. Every. Single. Pile. He does it every year. Nutcase.


My Rex is putting on his Winter Blubber, as Gordo calls it. We think he may have actually hit the 80 pound mark. He's become a bit of, well, a horse. This is the time of year when the grass is perpetually wet and muddy and Rex will inevidably track paw prints all over our cream colored carpeting. It also means that when you have something he wants he will do whatever he needs to, to get hold of his possesions, thusly leaving paw marks all over you. In this case I was holding his two favorites, red ball and squirrely.

In other news...

We got Rex a new harness yesterday. When I told the Debinator that it has a fleecyness on the inside, she laughed and told me I was cute. But seriously, the old harness rubbed on his side and his hair was beginning to chafe. Chafe I tell you! There is no way on this earth I will let my pup get a bald spot on his side. As added incentive, in the summer it would rub his "arm pits" and he would get like a rope burn. Listen, until we are blessed with human children, Rex will be treated as the spoiled child. And not for nothing, I think the new harness is quite stylish.

3 comments:

  1. Really Debinator? Love the Women vs Man vs Food. I wonder where did you ever come up with such a clever title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I really wanted to write was "Deb a lishish" but I couldn't (and still can't) get the spelling right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debelicious. Is that more acceptable than Debinator?

    ReplyDelete