Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Four years

In 2006, I watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Torino Winter Olympics with my friend E at her apartment in Queens with her husband. There was a snowstorm and we were homebound. We watched Olympic events and talked and reminisced and ate good food. I played with her dog Harry and we bought official Olympic attire at the NBC store in Manhattan. Before I left to come back to Connecticut, she took a picture of me with her beagle Harry, wearing my USA shirt. A few weeks later I put that picture up as one of my profile pictures on JDate.
Four years later, E is vacationing in Spain and I'm sure she didn't watch the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Olympics (but I'm sure she DVRed them). And here I am. I watched the Opening Ceremonies with my husband, who I met just two months after that weekend I spent in Queens. I watched the Opening Ceremonies with my furry babies, furry babies that I longed for so much when I spent that weekend in Queens. I had a Valentine's Day I could have only dreamed of four years ago. My husband made me breakfast. Waffles on the waffle maker my brother bought us for our wedding. And pancakes. And yes, those are M&Ms in them. He made me hash browns and little sausage links. We spent the day together and then he made me dinner. We shared the bottle of wine he got from his first computer fix-it call. We celebrated his promotion at work. We talked about our furry babies. We watched a zombie movie.
Last night I had dinner with two wonderful friends. Wonderful food, wonderful wine, wonderful, wonderful company. (That's a lot of wonderful!!) Four years ago I had very few girlfriends. Aside from my dear E, girlfriends were few and far between. I am so grateful for these wonderful, inspiring women that I now have in my life. I would be lost without these amazing ladies.
Sometimes it takes me a long time between blogs. Here's why. For one, I like to have interesting things to say. For two, I like for these interesting things to be well said. So I have to play it all out in my brain before I publish it to the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Dee says

    Life changes and most times it is for the better. I love that your in my life too.

    ReplyDelete