Sunday, September 6, 2009

Attempt # 13

Beginning of the school year brings lots of firsts. First day of school. First full week of school. First long weekend. First time I meet the new kindergarteners. First time meeting the new principal. First set of lesson plans. First paycheck.
September is bringing lots of continuations this year as well. Starting my seventh year of teaching, in this same, lovely school and trying to make the most of it. Continuing to try at lots of things. Continuing to try and be optimistic about all aspects of life, love my husband and dog, family and friends. Continuing to try and love what I have, and not waste time wishing and stressing over what we do not. Continuing to try.
I love fall and the crispness in the air. I love seeing the leaves change and I love football season. I love this time of the year, when it is too cold for shorts, but you can still wear flip flops. Its too cold for short sleeves, but you don't need a coat. I love puffy vests and colorful winter hats that look like they were knitted by someone's grandmother. I love apple picking and pumpkin patches and the smell of those things baking in the oven.
I have found a new fondness for baking and I have no idea where it came from. Luckily for L and I, I have friends to taste these baked goods, as more sweets in the house is not what either of us need. In honor of First Paycheck of the Year I made Kit Kat Bars, a Paula Deen recipe I found on the Heidi Bakes site. My friends at school were impressed. D~ I never did get your review, is it a keeper?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE to bake, as you know. Ugh, if we lived closer we could bake together-or at least taste test each other's creations. Ah well, enjoy the baking! It's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete