Friday, June 4, 2010

OMG

Last night I took Rex to Petco to get his nails clipped, something I've done at least a hundred times in the 3 years we've had the mutt. They cut his nails and all I have to do is stand there and tell him he's a good boy and pay them 10 bucks. Totally worth it. So I take him, and the groomer's got this little Yorkie looking thing on the table. She tells me, no problem just give her 5 minutes or so. No problem, I say, we'll go walk around the store and come back. We walk out to the store, past a new display of collars and leashes, and Rex pulled me to a stop. To sniff I presume. I look down, and like an out of body experience, he lifts he leg as high as he can, and pees on a pillar in the center of the store. I looked around, thinking, this couldn't have just happened. There's no way Rex could have done this. Then the annoying cashier girl yells to me from 1oo feet away "There's paper towel and cleaner over there on the left." I can't believe he did that, I said. They all do, annoying cashier girl yelled. Not my dog! Not my Rex! Now, Penny, Penny does shit like that. Penny I would expect it from. But Rex? Not Rex. I was mortified to say the very least. I still am. And I just said to him, "Remember last night when you peed at Petco?" I swear he smirked at me. He's acting out. Its a cry for attention. He's learning bad habits from Penny. That must be it. Her devious ways are rubbing off on him. Cause Rex just would never do something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment