Friday, November 12, 2010

Things you didn't want to know but I'm going to tell you anyway

A few days ago my friend and fellow blogger, VAM, gave me an award called:



Now I'm suppose to link back to her, but I don't know how, I'm suppose to ask other people to do the same, but I don't really have any other blogger friends, and I'm suppose to write seven things about myself. So I'll tell you to visit VAM at www.seethepositive.blogspot.com ,and here are seven things about me that you probably didn't want to know, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

1. I am a music teacher, but I'm not really feeling it lately. I spent six and a half years of higher learning playing clarinet and learning to be one of the teachers I had in school. I wanted to be a high school band director and after student teaching decided that wasn't for me. I loved my elementary student teaching placement and felt that was my calling. And now, eight years later I don't know what happened. Is it the lousy teaching conditions and lack of support? Is it the poorly behaved students that give me heart palpations? Is it that everyone told me in high school that I would be a music teacher so I just ran with it because I didn't know what else to do anyway? I just don't know. I'll get back to you.

2. I love that I finally have friends I can count on. There's friends that are just there and there are friends you can count on. I love that I have friends I can count on.

3. I love, love, love our dogs. I want people to stop telling me that they will get shafted when the baby comes. I'm not a moron, I certainly know things will change. However that doesn't mean we will forget about them, or not love them. The more people tell me that they will be kicked to the curb, the angerier I get and the more anxiety I get. I have better things to lose sleep over.

4. I love Christmas music. Every year around this time I wonder to myself if its too early to start listening. I always try for Thanksgiving as the cut off, but it doesn't always happen. I won't lie, I've listened to a few already.

5. I am loving being pregnant. As of this weekend, I have nine weeks until my due date and everything has been great. A few vomits early on, little bit of heartburn, but seriously nothing awful. I feel bad for people like my sister in law who was sick as a dog everyday for forty weeks. I love the kicks, I love the hiccups, I love the belly, I love hearing his heartbeat and I love seeing his blurry picture on the ultrasound.

6. I don't understand why dental hygentists insist on talking to you and asking you questions while they are cleaning your teeth. Your hands are in my mouth, lady!

7. I love this blog. I know it goes unattended sometimes, but I love having it as a place to go and write about stuff and show pictures of things that I love. I love that people really do read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment