Thursday, November 11, 2010

Three years

If you can't see it, the card says "Wife"


So, I was all set to write this really great blog post about my husband. About how we met on JDate, and the first time I met him I went to his house not thinking that he could have been a serial killer or rapist. About one of our first dates when we went to see X-Men 2 and I looked over at him and thought to myself that I could look at him for the rest of my life. I was going to write about how we got engaged after just 6 months, and how after I called my mother to tell her, she drank a bottle of wine and cried herself to sleep. About how we got Rex the summer before we got married, and how we felt it made us complete. I was going to tell you about how I choked on a piece of steak at our rehearsal dinner and we missed the entire dinner as I cried in the ER about how I was suppose to get married the next day. And I was going to write about the day of our wedding, how my sister and E and I got manis and pedis and had breakfast with my mom and my sister in law did our hair and after I got my dress on my sister attempted to put cover-up on the tattoo on my back. About how I cried through the entire ceremony, but was still able to soak it all in, see where everyone was sitting, and even see one of my husband's friends walk in late. And the reception where I danced and danced, and I don't even dance. I was going to write about how I never wanted to take that dress off. That I love that dress and wanted to wear it forever. That if I didn't have a belly the size of a basketball I would be wearing it right now. I wanted to tell you how much I love my husband. How we have laughed together every day for the last four and a half years and how I hope my baby looks like him.

I wanted to tell you all of that. But instead I need to tell you this.

Last night for our anniversary, my husband took me to Sonic.


Can I just tell you that I don't think I've been that excited about anything in a really long time.

You don't even need to get out of your car! They bring you your food on ROLLERSKATES!! (We wondered if in the winter they wear ice skates?)

The burger was just so so, but let's over look that.


The tater tots were awesome. Crunchy on the outside, awesome on the inside.


And then there was the Peanut Butter Fudge milkshake. OMG. We were literally scraping it off of the bottom of the cup.



Best. Anniversary. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. gosh, i can't wait to be married :)

    i have to disagree on the burger... mine was DELISH! maybe it's because i was STARVING. i went against my better judgement and got fries.. definitely have had better. but that shake...... oh...... my....... goodness.... worth the drive for that shake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee says...One of your best blogs ever. I literally machine gun laughed out loud, when I read all the beautiful things L is to you and then BAMO, Sonic! Don't stop writing friend.

    ReplyDelete