Monday, December 20, 2010

Friends, babies and accapella

My dear friend VAM commented to my last post "can we talk about something? YOU'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)".

We have: A crib. A dresser/changing table. A glider/rocking chair. A car seat. Lots, no tons, of the cutest little outfits. A lot of diapers and wipes.

In other words, we have a lot of what we need.

Now we need to have a baby.

My Dee had her baby today. A little boy who doesn't have a name yet. I am filled with jealousy that she is holding her baby already. I can't wait to meet him tomorrow. I can't wait for our boys to be buddies.

Yes, VAM I'm having a baby. Fourteen years ago we were in high school, loving marching band and Ponderosa and driving around being stupid. And in five weeks I am having a baby and will be responsible for another human being.

Half of me is tearing up inside out of fear. Half of me is grinning from ear to ear like a little kid.

The grin from ear to ear is definitely taking over the fear. Thank goodness.
Can we talk for a minute about how lucky this child will be that I don't have to "do" his hair, just merely comb it? I seriously can hardly do my own hair. Its really disconcerting that at 32 years old I don't know how to properly use a curling iron.

Can we also talk for a minute about how much I love Straight No Chaser and how much you should love them too? I mean, try and tell me this isn't one of the most beautiful things you've ever heard in your life. Seriously, try.

2 comments:

  1. wooooooooo!!!!!!! i'm so stinkin excited for you! and i LOVE SNC, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are having a BABY! awesomeness...and you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL in the picture with this post (not that you aren't always...just exceptionally so in this pic!)

    ReplyDelete