Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cinco de moi


5 Things I need to get me through the day

1. Coffee, coffee and more coffee... My idea of heaven would have a never ending supply of Dunkin Donuts and my very own Starbucks barista. Unfortunately, I have yet to master making a great cup of coffee at home.
2. Food... I love food. Crunchy food, soft, smooth food, sweet food, dinner food, breakfast food, sandwiches, ice cream, cupcakes. I love to eat, and I have learned to not be ashamed of that.
3. Glasses... I'm blind as a bat, let's just get that out there. I started wearing glasses in fourth grade because I couldn't see the board. I started wearing contacts in eighth grade. I've switched back to glasses in the last month or so because contacts are, well, annoying. I'm not good at cleaning them, and that's important. So rather than get headaches from uncomfortable contacts I've switched back to glasses full time. I've "retired from contacts" as my eye doctor says. Contacts or glasses, bottom line is I can't see a damn thing without them.
4. Internet... I don't know what I did before the internet. L thinks I'm addicted to the computer. I'm a little bit obsessed with checking email, checking Facebook, looking things up on random sites. I'm not sure if I could go an entire day without access to the internet.
5. L... Rarely do I gush over my husband to other people. I do believe in soul mates, I do believe in fate, I do believe that there is someone for everyone. L is all of those things for me. He is my best friend. Almost more important than that, he makes me laugh. I don't think in the three and a half years we have been together, that a day has gone by that he hasn't made me laugh. And not just laugh, but laugh until my cheeks hurt. Laugh until I cry. I couldn't go without that.

No comments:

Post a Comment