Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Team Matzoh

Team Matzoh originated when L and I first started dating. We were at his friend's parent's house for Christmas Eve, which was something he had done for years prior to meeting me. One of their family traditions for Christmas Eve was Christmas Trivia, and they broke into teams as you would with Trivial Pursuit. For some reason I thought I would do well with Christmas trivia, I believe I even bragged about it. Everyone needed to name team, and since we had already been dubbed "The Jewish Team", we needed to have a Jewish flare to our name. While matzoh has nothing to do with Channukah, or Christmas, or anything even in that time of year, we called ourselves "Team Matzoh" and it stuck. Needless to say, however, Team Matzoh did not do very well at Christmas Trivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment