Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crepes and sushi

I had a very multicultural and friend sprinkled day. I had breakfast with my two favorite former teaching co-workers. One was smart enough to get out of ghetto, the other was lucky enough. They are both teaching elsewhere and we try to get together whenever we can. I always enjoy talking with them about everything from teaching to relationships to our mutual love of dogs. They are wonderful people. We met at a restaurant that specializes in crepes. So many kinds it was hard to choose! I decided on one called "The Elvis". Nutella, peanut butter and banana. It was chocolaty and peanut buttery and very tasty. Here it is in it's half eaten state.

Dinner was the monthly sushi night. Yummm how I love sushi. Its mushy and crunchy and just about everything you could want in a bite size piece of fish and rice. As with breakfast, the company that accompanied the sushi was nearly as enjoyable as the meal itself. Diapers, weddings, shooting, proper use of chopsticks- any topic is on the table at girl's sushi night. I wanted very much to take a picture of my yummy sushi dinner, but was so immersed in eating, that I forgot.

I've been having a lot of moments of forgetfulness lately. Moments where I will sit down and think "I was just about to do something, what was it?" "I was just about to tell L something, what was it?" Seems to be happening more and more lately. For now I will chalk it up to heat stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment