Friday, August 28, 2009

Betty Crocker in the making

I've been on a bit of a baking kick. I found a great website, www.heidibakes.blogspot.com. Not only does she have awesome recipes, but she also writes about the troubles she had and how to avoid them, things she would do different and pictures of the finished product. I hate making food when there is no picture. The first recipe I tried from her site was the S'mores Cookie Bars. They were very good, as D can attest to. The pan I used for these cookies I think was actually an 8x12, opposed to a 9x13, so it was a bit thicker than it should have been, and consequently should have stayed in the oven a bit longer. When I make it again (yes when, not if) I would definitely put more marshmallows. You can never have too many marshmallows.

The second I made the night before the first day of school, and brought it in as a Happy First Day for my friends. Oreo Gooey Bars; I believe the name says it all. An entire package of Oreos, lots of chocolate chips and butter. Very sweet, but very tasty. Best, I think, straight from the fridge, the crunch makes it a bit more like a candy bar. Don't know if I would rush back into this one, but my friends did seem to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment