Sunday, August 2, 2009

Brothers and Sisters

Families are funny. Not funny haha, but funny interesting. Its been 31 years and I still haven't figured out my own and now I've also got L's to try and figure out. Families are funny. My brother is six years younger than me. For many years he was my best friend. We did all kinds of things together. Our favorite was Rosie's diner. We'd sit and eat fried food and chat. We had a lot in common and we enjoyed each other's company. My brother is a great person; he's funny, he's smart, he's very caring. Unfortunately, I don't think my brother knows or realizes any of those things about himself. In the last year and a half, my brother has become very sad and depressed. Very anxious about everything. Physically he is fairly healthy, mentally he is not. He is not the same person I once sat and chatted with. He has a family who love him very much, but he can't seem to see that. No one seems to know what to do for him. It is very difficult to watch someone you love be so unhappy, and know that there is little you can do. He's a wonderful person. I hope that he realizes that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment