Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Too hot to handle

It is 94 degrees right now. And its only 10am. I am not tolerant of the heat. I can't handle it. Walking from the car to a store and I feel light headed. I can't take it. And its suppose to be like this all. week. long.

My poor doggies hate it as well. They desperately want to play, run, go for a big walk. I've tried to tell them, its just to darn hot, but they don't want to listen. So we step out to the backyard, and the panting begins. And I say, I told you its too darn hot, but you don't listen. And then we go in and sleep.

Next month my parents will have been married for 35 years. Thats a long time! So the good children that we are (and at the prompting of my grandmother) we are throwing them a party. They don't know about it yet, but the invites are going out today. It isn't a surprise party because~ haha~ the party's at their house. See, when my sister and I put together a guest list, it was nearly 50 people. I can't accommodate that many people at my house. Plus I live an hour away. My parents have a beautiful house and yard, so we will do it there and hopefully my mother doesn't get too pissed off. I fear that she will flip out. But once the invites are out, there's not a whole lot she can do about it I suppose.

We had a great long weekend. I love when Gordo is home with me and we can do things together. We've been trying to do things around the house, rearrange some rooms and whatnot. But here's a question~ Is it wrong that fireworks just don't do it for me? Or Gordo for that matter. Our friends did fireworks on Sunday and as we sat there, Gordo leaned over and said "I'm bored." We do it every year, we go and we watch and we fight the crowds, and every year I think to myself, I don't get what the big deal is.

And I fear that a spark will fall in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment