Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm going to be a better blogger.

I really thought that after The Beaner was born I'd be a better blogger. That I'd be telling great stories and posting pictures and all of that. Seems as though being a mom keeps you really busy! Who'd a thunk it? However the whole reason I started this blog was to stay in touch with people who are important to me and keep a running record of my pregnancy (done!) and my Beaner (in progress). So my goal is to keep the second part of this a little better. (Yes I know I've said this before. Yes I know I wasn't good at keeping to it before. Yes, I am going to try harder this time.) I'm so in love with my little man and this shall be (one of) the ways I will show him off. :o)
Last week, at just about 9 weeks old, the little man started smiling. Oh that little face! Oh that toothless grin! For a while he'd smile at things. The animals on the mobile. The sun reflected on the wall. But then he started smiling at *us*. Be still my heart. He's starting to get a little personality. He kicks and squirms and you can tell when he loves something, and you can certainly tell when he doesn't love something. He loves funny faces and weird noises on his belly. He loves his toys that light up and make sounds and he hate, hate, hates his swing. He loves funny faces from his Daddy (there are many) and is a man who hates a wet diaper (but who does?)

Ten weeks ago today everyone was coming to Hartford Hospital to meet Michael for the very first time. I can't believe he's two and a half months old.


Is anyone else still a reality television junky or is it just me? I just love me some Bethanney Frankel. Love. Her. Now that Top Chef is over, she is my current obsession. I DVR her show Monday night and watch it Tuesday morning. I actually broke down and bought her book. Of course, the only thing I've done with it so far is use it as a coaster for my coffee.

1 comment:

  1. He is SUCH a cutie pie! I'm glad you'll be blogging more, I"ve missed you! Can't wait to hear more stories.

    And thank you for your comment on my blog, it meant a lot. :)

    Ps: We are doing IVF next month!

    ReplyDelete