Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Its been quite a week.


Michael's had an eventful week! Let me get you up to speed.

On Tuesday, Michael and I went to school. He was a big hit with everyone, obviously. He's become quite a ham, smiling and being all kinds of cute. It was nice to see a lot of the people I work with, and so nice to see most of the kids. And Michael survived the visit without being jumped or stolen by a student (L's main concern) or contracting H1N1, MRSA or the Black Plague (my concern).

On Wednesday my grandparents came home from Florida, so the first order of business on Thursday morning was for them to see the Beaner, who they hadn't seen since he was three weeks old. They were, of course, smitten by him and he, of course, hammed it up.

And speaking of grandparents, on Saturday we went up to Massachusetts to visit with L's grandmother, who unfortunately hadn't seen Michael since his Bris at one week old. She was also, smitten.
A little back story~ L's nana is 96. She is what some might call a *pip*. She lives on her own, exercises twice a week and drove up until two years ago. She loves to dance, which many remember from our wedding, when she was a sprite 92. She has out lived two husbands and a son. Her memory might be going, but hot damn, if I am lucky enough to live to 96, I'd love to be as lucky as her. Our Michael is named after her son, L's father. A fact that made her tear up a few times.

How lucky is our Michael to have three great grandparents in his life? Wow. My husband only knew two of his grandparents in his lifetime, never a great grandparent. I was very lucky and knew all of my grandparents, losing the first when I was 24. My nana, my father's mother, passed away just weeks after we found out we were pregnant. And my mom's parents are living life to the fullest, spoiling and loving on their first great grandchild. I hope they live long enough for Michael to remember them, but I am grateful and thankful that they are here to know him and love him. And while my nana and L's father and L's other grandparents aren't here to know Michael, I know they are watching us and watching him. And I know they would be proud.

Now, let's switch gears to Sunday. Sunday we celebrated Rex and Penny's birthdays. Yes, we are those people. Rex we got on June 16, 2007 and he was 8 weeks old. So we celebrate his birthday on April 16th. Penny we got on Dec. 12, 2009 and she was about 8 months old. So to make things easy, we celebrate her birthday on April 16th as well. Now I know how lousy it is to share a birthday, but let's be real here. They're dogs.
First we loved on them and showered them with attention and allowed their favorite squeaky balls in the house, a usually no, no in my book. Then we made them homemade biscuits. Super easy, just milk, peanut butter, whole wheat flour and baking powder. And we ended the day with a family walk, one of my favorite things to do in the beautiful spring weather. Rex and Penny love walks and they both like to stick their nose in the stroller and check in on the Beaner.
Yup, I am that person.

Everyone loves a family walk.

Beaner was exhausted from a very eventful week.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment