Monday, April 4, 2011

To clarify

I posted a few weeks ago about how L was out in Atlanta and how I was desperate for him to come home. I talked about how didn't want to be alone and all that jazz. But I was thinking about Tuesdays and band and how much I look forward to it, so I guess I need to clarify.

As I posted once before, Tuesday is band day, and I love band. I took about two months off after The Beaner was born, but I started back last week. I heart band. While I love my husband and love my little man, I love those two hours at band.

L loves to do his marathons. It is his "thing". He loves his time at the gym. It is important to him and it makes him happy to do it. And because it makes him happy, I am happy to let him have that time for himself. Band is that for me.

Everyone needs to have there own "thing". Marathons, band, cooking class, locked in your bedroom with a book while the husband is with the baby and dogs... whatever. I don't think its healthy to not have things outside of your signifigant other. You need to be your own person in order to love your other person, in my opinion.

So, while a whole weekend was a really long time to be alone with a newborn and away from my husband, I do love and look forward to my time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment