Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tick tick go away

I love dogs, but ones thing that scares the bejezus out of me is scary dogs. Dogs that snarl. Dogs that growl.
Rex is a dog that doesn't like to be fussed with. He likes his space. I am a person who needs space, so I am understanding of this. When Rex isn't feeling well or has something that hurts him he *really* doesn't like to be fussed with. Like, get your hands off me you stupid person.
As stated in a previous post, Rex has a fondness for walking through, peeing on, and lately, pooping in, big piles of leaves. This is nothing new from previous years. What is new though is the amount of ticks he has picked up this year. Maybe he is extra sweet and juicy this year. He doesn't like to be fussed with, and he will growl and snarl as the tick is being removed. Growl and snarl to the point where I have to leave the room and Gordo does this on his own. He sounds so awful. Not the dog I love and adore. He becomes *like an animal*. Finally we realized that if I stayed out of the room with my bad energy (thanks, Cesar Milan) Rex would be fine and Gordo could get the tick out.
This morning Gordo found a tick on Rex's foot. The bottom of his foot. Did I mention that Rex doesn't like to be fussed with? Oh, and he doesn't like when you touch his feet. Bad combination. After what felt like forever, and Gordo getting his hand scratched and cut up, we did it. We went to Petco and bought a muzzle. He's such a good dog. Truly he is. Problem solved. No, problem not solved. He squirmed and growled and tried his damnedest to get that muzzle off. Dee and Bee said to sit on him, hold him down with our weight. Hard to do when he's already pissed and won't sit down, let alone lay down. The tick doesn't seem to bother him when he walks, he licks it a bit, but it doesn't seem bothersome. It is so hard to see my dear dog who I love so much growl and snarl and be so angry. I'm sorry Cesar Milan, I am not the pack leader. I am not the alpha dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment