Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Lurkey

In a year where I feel like I have spent an endless amount of time complaining and wishing for what I don't have, I am so, so, so thankful for what I do have. As Sheryl Crow said, "Its not having what you want, its wanting what you've got." And I want what I've got and I love what I've got.

I am so thankful for my husband. I love my husband. I love that I know, with little uncertainty that he loves me. Does he always do the right thing? Say the right thing? No. But he loves me and he would go to the ends of the earth for me. Did you know Gordo is afraid of needles? Hates them, in fact. He went with me last weekend when I needed to get bloodwork done. I was nervous and he went with me, and while he didn't actually go in the room with me, he totally would have if I hadn't told him at the last minute that he didn't need to. Even though he's totally afraid of needles. Because he loves me. Gordo and I have been through so much together in the last year and a half. He has truly been my rock. Did you know that on one of our first dates, we were watching X-Men in the movie theatre and I look at him watching the movie and I thought to myself "I could look at this man for the rest of my life". Yup, I think I just might do that.

I am so thankful for my Rex. Nuf said, I love that stupid mutt.

While they drive me nuts, and half are nuts themselves, I am thankful for my family. And for Lee's. I am thankful that they are healthy, and that those who are ailing are finally able to get past whatever was holding them back and are on the right track. I am thankful for my mother and sister who are so much more than I ever gave them credit for. They have been more supportive to me in the past year than I ever could have imagined.

I am thankful for my own health. While things may not always go as planned, I know that I am healthy, and so is Gordo.

I am so grateful for music. I am grateful for singing at the top of my lungs in my car, and more than anything in the world, I am thankful for how that makes me feel. I am grateful for showtunes, even the bad ones. I am thankful for Sheryl Crow and Fiona Apple, Dave Matthews Band and Maroon 5, Beethoven and the Barber Violin Concerto. I am so thankful for these people who I will probably never meet, but who will forever hold the ability to make me smile, scream, laugh, cry.

I am thankful for my job. I am thankful that I have one, and I am thankful for the one I have, regardless of how much I hate it at times. The seven years I have spent at this job have, with out a doubt, helped to make me the person I am.

I have awesome friends. I am grateful for them, because that has not always been the case. I am grateful that someone would think about my feelings when something wonderful has happened to them, and would be so thoughtful in how to approach me with it. I am thankful that I could then call my other friend and just cry and talk and she could make me laugh. I am thankful for a good friend at work that I can trust. I am thankful to have girlfriends in my life that I love.

I'm thankful for Top Chef, Glee, Heroes and The Office.

I'm grateful that I decided to start playing clarinet again. I didn't realize how much I had missed it.

Oh, and I'm so, so grateful to still be able to eat sushi. And blue cheese. And drink a couple of beers.

2 comments:

  1. And Paul McCartney!! I can't believe I forgot Paul! And the Beatles!! Where would I be without Paul? Lost, that's where.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really are amazing! I am thankful for knowing YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete