Thursday, December 31, 2009

We need to move, pronto.


So I was out in the backyard playing ball with Dog 1 and Dog 2. Penny, who has the attention span of, say, a mosquito, quickly lost interest in the numerous balls cluttering our backyard, and decided to start barking like a loon at the two foofy white dogs that live in the house behind us. The two foofy white dogs began to bark back, the three of them proceeded to have, what I'm sure was a really nice, albeit loud conversation.

I noticed a girl come outside with the two foofies, chasing them around the in-ground pool and yelling their names. I wondered how old this girl was. From her clothes and hair, she looked about the age of one of my students. 15 or 16, I thought, hahaha.

When Penny's barking got excessive, and even Rex was looking at me like "shut her up already". I went over to the fence to grab Penny, and I thought, geez that girl looks really familiar. But my eyes are not the greatest and I've never even met the people who live in that house. Then, just as I was about to pick up Penny, I hear, clear as day "Hi, Mrs. !! " Oh No! My heart sank. Shit.

"I thought you looked familiar", I said. Still thinking, WTF!!! "Do you live here?", I said. "No, my aunt and uncle do." WTF!!! Not only is one of my fourth graders spending vacation in Newington, she's spending it in my backyard!! Crap.

Then this morning, as it snowed, I was back in the yard with Dog 1 and Dog 2. And just as before I hear, "Hi Ms.!!" Is she watching me from the window? Is anything sacred for the rest of the week? I guess I'd better think twice about taking the dogs out while still in my pj's. Crap.

Kicker is, that house just sold about a year ago for 400 something thousand dollars. Which means, my fourth grader lives in ghettoville, while her mother or father's brother or sister live in an almost half million dollar house. Really? Spread the wealth people, and get her out of my backyard while you're at it.

4 comments:

  1. Is Rex proposing in that picture? lol!

    Yeah, I would not be pleased with that situation either. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its does look like he's proposing! I didn't even think of it until you said it... I don't think he's ready for that step yet, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb says.....In ghettoville are 4th graders 15 or 16. They must stay back like forever where you teach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me laugh! make sure you and hubby close the blinds should you chose to walk around in your birthday suits!

    ReplyDelete